January 12 (Fri) - March 24 (Sun), 2024
＊The museum is closed on Monday except February 12, 2024
Interinfluence in Ceramic Art of East and West
Rich in variety, ceramics have enriched people’s lives with their unique forms and exotic designs. Not only are they rooted in local cultures and climates, but they have also created fascinating cultures as people from Asia and Europe have interacted and been attracted to each other’s beautiful decorations and techniques. This exhibition invites all to the world of the beauty of ceramics born through the exchange between the East and West throughout the ancient to modern times, including Japanese, Chinese, Islamic ceramics, Meissen and Sèvres porcelain works.
10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. (Entrance until 4:30 p.m.)
Monday (The Museum will be open when Monday is a national holiday.),
the year-end and New Year holidays, and the change of exhibits.
2-3, Higashi-minatomachi, Moji-ku, Kitakyūshū-shi,
High School and College Students: ¥500
Junior High School Students or Younger: Free (with Parent or Guardian)
* ¥200 Discount for Persons with Disability (with Presentation of the Physical Disability Certificate and Free Admission for one Caretaker)
A 8-minute walk from JR Mojikō Station.
Guidelines for Enjoyment of Exhibitions
The museum visitors are reminded of the following for the enjoyment of the Museum by the other visitors.
- Do not touch the exhibits and the display cases.
- Do not use the fountain pens or the brushes which may stain the exhibits.
- Switch off and do not use the mobile phones or activate the silent mode.
- Do not take photographs.
- Do not smoke.
- Do not eat or drink any food or beverages brought in from outside.
- Do not engage in acts or behavior which may disturb or annoy the others.
- Do not bring in any dangerous materials.
- Leave the umbrellas at the umbrella stand.
- Do not bring in any animals and pets, except for guide or service dogs.